[PythonCE] Python 2.3.4 Installed to Storage Card

Voidspace mike at pcblokes.com
Tue Jul 13 13:11:55 CEST 2004

I had the last build of Python 2.3 installed in my storage card - so
long as python.exe was in the same directory as the '.pyc' files and the
registry entry was correct it worked fine when double clicking on files.

On python 2.3.4 I get the following import error :

Traceback (innermost last):
exceptions.ImportError: No module named \Storage

The registry entry is (for .py, .pyc and .pyw) :
"\Storage Card\Program Files\Python\python.exe" %1

This is reminiscent of a problem in the last version of pcceshell (which
it doesn't look like is fixed) :

If there is a space in the pathname then when you double clicked on a
file - python would die with the error message -
pcceshell needs more than one argument
(or something like that)

The solution was always to use 'open with' and put quotes around the
name - which was always very annoying. Not that I *ever* bothered to
look into pcceshell.py to try and fix it.. Whilst we're on the subject -
it would be really good to get raw_input working again - I think there's
some stuff about it on the mukworks WIKI :
http://www.murkworks.com/Research/Python/PythonCE/PythonCEWiki/Input_28_29_26Raw_5finput_28_29ForPPC

Regards,

Fuzzyman

--

http://www.Voidspace.org.uk
The Place where headspace meets cyberspace. Online resource site - covering science, technology, computing, cyberpunk, psychology, spirituality, fiction and more.

---
http://www.Voidspace.org.uk/atlantibots/pythonutils.html
Python utilities, modules and apps.
Including Nanagram, Dirwatcher and more.
---
http://www.fuchsiashockz.co.uk