[PythonCE] Running scripts by double clicking

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Jul 13 14:21:57 CEST 2004

Voidspace wrote:
> David L. Kashtan wrote:

This is very nice, and seems to work well for me :)

> >In order for this to work, there need to be specific entries in
> >the Pocket PC registry.  I have written a Python script that does
> >this.  Also had to fix a bug in _winreg.pyd and python.exe for
> >everything to work.
> >If you pick up the latest distribution from
> http://www.validus.com/~kashtan
> >it will have the latest files in it.
> >
> >Using the Pocket PC file explorer, go to "\Program
> Files\Python\Lib" and
> >double click the "Setup Registry" Python icon.  It will set
> things up so
> >double-clicking ".py" or ".pyc" files will work.
>
> Has this been fixed for the PPC2002 distribution as well ?
> If you see the previous email I've been having problems !!

It appears the shortcut properties for this build are:

\Program Files\Python\Lib\python.exe "\Program
Files\Python\Lib\setup-registry.py"

It probably should drop all paths (ie, simply "python.exe
setup-registry.py").  Then I noticed that "setup-registry.py" hardcodes the
name of the executable - sys.executable seems to work, so once I replace it
with that, everyone was happy :)

Note that if "setup-registry.py" was named "setup_registry.py", alternative
instructions could be simply "import setup_registry"!

Mark.