[PythonCE] RE: Python 2.3.4 for CE build issues

David L. Kashtan kashtan at Validus.Com
Mon Jun 21 02:14:57 EDT 2004

That is pretty stunning.  In general I am VERY annoyed at the "random"
differences between Windows/CE and full-blown Win32.  There is no good
reason for most of them.  Now we see that there are differences between
Windows/CE on StrongARM and Windows/CE on x86 emulator!  That is just
inexcusable!

DllMain is indeed correctly define.  I have absolutely NO idea why the
linker would complain about this when building for x86.  There is certainly
no problem with this on StrongARM.  I'd ignore the warning and see if are
any runtime problems.

exit() is most definitely defined as a supplied function in Windows/CE.  Are
you having trouble finding the "C" runtime library?

-----Original Message-----
From: Anne Wangnick [mailto:anne.wangnick at t-online.de]
Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2004 9:51 AM
To: David L. Kashtan; pythonce at python.org
Subject: Python 2.3.4 for CE build issues

Hello David,

I got a bit further by adding the following linker options:
	coredll.lib /nodefaultlib:oldnames.lib /nodefaultlib:libc.lib
/entry:DllMain
pythonrun.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __except_list
referenced in function _PyOS_CheckStack at 0
binaries\X86EMRel\pythoncore\python23.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2
unresolved externals