[PythonCE] RE: time functions in PythonCE

Voidspace mike at pcblokes.com
Mon May 10 03:32:39 EDT 2004

[sanip..]

>   >Slightly different issue: Do you know where is the 'time' module ?
>   >(I wanted strftime, but couldn't find it anywhere, then I couldn't
>   >find time either, even though that works OK). It would be helpful
>   >to know this as there seem to be ways other than via Lib by which
>   >Python finds its modules.
>   >
>Actually the time module is a built-in module. There are alot of built-in modules in python, (I think that the specific ones depend in the person who compiled Python).
>
>I do remember having certain problems with the time module that not all the newer functions are there.
>To find the functions in a module you can use dir(...).

[snip..]
I've had this conversation before - *apparently* the time module is just
a layer above the c library with all the functions. So the exact
functions that are available depends on the C-library  for the
underlying platform.

In our case the PocketPC C-library doesn't have the strftime
function..... so it isn't available from PythonCE........

Oh well........

Regards,

Fuzzy

--

http://www.Voidspace.org.uk
The Place where headspace meets cyberspace. Online resource site - covering science, technology, computing, cyberpunk, psychology, spirituality, fiction and more.

---
http://www.atlantibots.org.uk
Atlantibots - stomping across the worlds of Atlantis.
Building with Python - programming language that rules the world.
---
http://www.fuchsiashockz.co.uk