[PythonCE] Changing window options..

Patric Michael patric at usa.net
Fri Nov 12 05:42:50 CET 2004

> On 10 Nov 2004 at 2:12, Patric Michael wrote:
>
> > I downloaded and installed Telion's port as opposed to David
> > Kashtans because I needed raw_input.
> >
> > Running it on my ipaq4150, I discovered the interpreter window
> > doesn't resize itself so the soft keyboard doesn't overlap.
>
> pcceshell should support detection of SIP popup, but I don't think
> that'd work with raw_input.

Actually, it failed even before I tried to define a raw input prompt.  I
discovered it when the screen displayed the results of a script I ran.

> I'm pretty sure it works in interpreter mode, I recall working on SIP
> support years ago.
>
> > Question - What do the numbers mean in these lines?:
> > WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW=13565952
> > WS_SYSMENU=524288
> > WS_CLIPCHILDREN=33554432
> > WS_CHILD=1073741824
> > WS_VISIBLE=268435456
> > WS_HSCROLL=1048576
> > WS_VSCROLL=2097152
>

> These are constants from windows.h (get the windows SDK to get
> windows.h and windowsx.h)

Yes.  I figured as much.  Thanks fo rthe clarification, and where to find
the details.

> These constants are usually shown as hex in the .h file, but for some
> reason they were written out as decimal in ce code, likely due to a
> limitation in parsing long hex constants.
>
> > Failing that, how can I make the interpreter window shift its
> > vertical size to allow for the soft keyboard to pop in and out?
>
> It should already do that in interpreter mode.
>
> I have a 2 year old copy of pcceshell.py, it has stuff like this:
>
>     def onParentSettingChange(self, hwnd, msg, wParam, lParam):
>         """set sip"""
>         OutputDebugString('parent setting change
>         wParam='+str(wParam)+' ? '+str(SPI_SETSIPINFO)+"\r\n") if
>         SPI_SETSIPINFO == wParam:
>             sai = SHACTIVATEINFO()
>             SHHandleWMSettingChange(hwnd,wParam,lParam,sai)
>
>     def onParentActivate(self, hwnd, msg, wParam, lParam):
>         """more sip setup"""
>         OutputDebugString('parent activate wParam='+str(wParam)+' ?
>         '+str(SPI_SETSIPINFO)+"\r\n") if SPI_SETSIPINFO == wParam:
>             sai = SHACTIVATEINFO()
>             SHHandleWMActivate(hwnd,wParam,lParam,sai,0)
>

> This is supposed to handle SIP popup, but it requires windows messages
> to get posted to the parent window. Perhaps that doesn't happen when
> raw_input is used..

Aye.  I have a number of copies and versions of shells from a variety of
packages.  Most have what you indicate in it, as does the one in
question.  I can get input() functionality, or SIP resizing, from one or
another, but not both at the same time. :)

I don't really get how raw_input would affect the parent window, though.
The fact that the soft keyboard overlaps the window even at the first
prompt makes me think input isnt the issue, but that's just a guess.

Thanks for taking the time, Brad.

Patric