[PythonCE] graphical libs for pocket pc

Paul Sokolovsky pfalcon at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 8 22:29:35 CEST 2004

Hello Thomas,

[]

TH> When I changed the Windows code to use libffi instead of my homegrown
TH> solution, I started up a i386 Linux, ran libffi's configure command, and
TH> took the resulting source tree to windows.  Then I had to convert the
TH> code from gcc assembler syntax to MSVC assembler, and had to adjust
TH> other code.  Without a source code debugger it would be impossible.

    I tried to withstand a temptation to post a message like "no,
guys, it's better to port ...", but well, I cannot stand the
description of gore people undergo in specifics of porting what they
want to.

    Well, you don't have to struggle with such boring things as
converting gcc asm to evc, there's pretty good arm-gcc-wince port at
http://mamaich.kasone.com . Prebuilt versions for cygwin are available
(for sure, you can build it for Linux too). Things ported with it
include DosBox, an x86 emulator, so while it's not rock solid yet,
it's pretty suitable for development.

--
Best regards,
 Paul                            mailto:pfalcon at users.sourceforge.net