[PythonCE] Python 2.3.4 for StrongARM Pocket PC 2003

Kim Ollivier kimo at ollivier.co.nz
Sat Apr 23 02:59:59 CEST 2005

I have downloaded this and have got some parts working. I can get IDLE to run tkinter-test and sometimes my own hello world script.

I am confused about what to expect in Wince compared to Windows. I have trouble getting from IDLE to the shell and back without a long route through the settings/memory/running programs/activate. I cannot see how to get a shell without IDLE.

What might be needed is an updated FAQ for beginners with a few screen shots. I have seen an old FAQ that has not been updated for a couple of years.
Perhaps I could help write one. Where should it go? Can we have a "sticky" FAQ appearing.

It seems that there is no support for sys.argv[], so how does one add parameters? As an exercise I thought it would be fun to port "fortune".
Not much success so far.

Kim Ollivier                  Ollivier & Company
Corax for Cadastral Data    PO Box 34 861
                                      North Shore City
kimo at ollivier.co.nz    http://www.ollivier.co.nz
Office +64 9 418 2220  Fax 09 480 2254
Kim      021 593 769 Jenny   025 593 769