[PythonCE] Python 2.3.4 for StrongARM Pocket PC 2003

Isr Gish isrgish at fastem.com
Tue Apr 26 17:05:16 CEST 2005

Michael Foord wrote
     >Kim Ollivier wrote:
   >>It seems that there is no support for sys.argv[], so how does one add parameters? As an exercise I thought it would be fun to port "fortune".
   >>Not much success so far.
   >>

   >Rats.. I can't help on this at the minute. My memory card broke and I'm
   >waiting for the supplier to replace it. I didn't realise that sys.argv
   >didn't work - but then I've never tried to use it on my PDA :-)

As far as I know it works. But you may need to setup the registry for it

This is how its setup on my device (You would have to subbsitute your python path)

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.py
	"Default"="PySource"
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.pyc
	"Default"="PySource"

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PySource\DefaultIcon
	"Default"="\\Storage_Card\\Misc\\Programing\\Python\\lib\\python.exe, 0"
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PySource\shell\open\command
	"Default"="\"\\Storage_Card\\Misc\\Programing\\Python\\lib\\python.exe\" \"%1\" %*"

All the best,
Isr