[PythonCE] line-endings problem with PythonCE

Stewart Midwinter stewart.midwinter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 00:14:13 CET 2005

I've noticed that many of the python files that I edit on the desktop
(or even most of those that I don't), when brought over the Pocket PC
and opened in Tillanosoft Notepad or Total Commander's editor, have
line endings that are recognized. Instead, there's a square symbol and
the line does not break.  This has led to a problem where one file,
when opened, causes python to instantly crash.   The same file can be
opened in Pocket Word, but it simply deletes all of the line endings,
thus making it impossible for me to read the file and parse it line by
line.

Have any of you experienced anything similar? What's your take on this?

thanks,
--
Stewart Midwinter
stewart at midwinter.ca