[PythonCE] Mini IDLE update and response.

Michael Foord mike at pcblokes.com
Thu Jan 6 16:40:03 CET 2005

Ed Blake wrote:

>Good suggestions, and I'm glad this is helpful to someone.  I defiantly agree
>about having only one instance of a menu window.  I think it will be fairly
>simple to fix this behavior, I was just too lazy to fix it in this 'release'.
>
>About the key bindings, all the general windows key bindings should already
>exist.  So ctrl-c,v,x,z,y should all work, shift selecting.  What would be
>nice is if I could bind some of the hardware keys to things like shift alt
>and control...

Hello Ed (and Sebastian),

IdleCE gets better and better. On PPC2002 though - I can report that
'standard' key bindings *do not* work. You get weird control characters
isntead. Certainly in a normal Tkinter text  box the key bindings have
to be done explicitly (I think ?).

Despite that - IdleCE is great, particularly with the reduced flicker on
selection. Thank you.

Regards,

Fuzzy