[PythonCE] Re: Newbie questions

Isr Gish isrgish at fastem.com
Sun Jan 9 13:40:10 CET 2005

Brad Clements wrote: @murkworks.com>
   >There was also a PSPC (Palm Size PC) which runs Palm OS (like the Philips
   >Nino)

The PSPC was also one of the WinCE devices (for example Casio E-100). I think the palm devices where just call palms without any added names.

   >> - Is there any other free cross-development tool for my handheld
   >>   (I'm specially interested in C/C++ cross-compilers).
   >
   >http://msdn.microsoft.com has a whole section devoted to "Windows Mobile"
   >and "Windows Embedded" Development tools, including free downloads of the
   >embedded C++ tools and SDKs for various platforms. All of these tools run
   >on Windows, of course. They also include emulators..

There is a port of gcc 3.3.3 that works on the device itself. You can get it at:
http://mamaich.kasone.com/fr_pocket.htm
Another c- c++ compiler at:
http://mifki.ru/pcsharp/index.html
The first one I think is better.
At this url there should also be a compiler for C#.

All the best
Isr