[PythonCE] Python23.lib?

Salvatore Russo salvatore.russo at laposte.net
Mon Jun 27 16:02:02 CEST 2005

Hello Brad,

What I don't understand, is why pyconfig.h (one of the file in all header to use python with C++) want to import this python23.lib. Here is the code:

/* For an MSVC DLL, we can nominate the .lib files used by extensions */
#ifdef MS_COREDLL
# ifndef Py_BUILD_CORE /* not building the core - must be an ext */
#  if defined(_MSC_VER)
   /* So MSVC users need not specify the .lib file in
   their Makefile (other compilers are generally
   taken care of by distutils.) */
#   ifdef _DEBUG
#    pragma comment(lib,"python23_d.lib")
#   else
#    pragma comment(lib,"python23.lib")
#   endif /* _DEBUG */
#  endif /* _MSC_VER */
# endif /* Py_BUILD_CORE */
#endif /* MS_COREDLL */

I am using EVC4... I can try what you proposed. BUT if I generate a python23.lib from my python23.dll... and then include them in my built, I will have the python information twince! Once in static and once in Dynamic... If we need a python.lib to use the python.dll, why it is not included in the python-2.3.4 zip file... I am really not understanding...

Thanks for your help,

Salvatore