[PythonCE] Winhandle problem with tkinter

Andrew Booth a.g.booth at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Oct 19 15:13:59 CEST 2005

I'm writing an application using tKinter as the GUI. It seems to work OK,
but after a while I keep getting the message 'No more winhandle slots'. It
seems to be appear immediately before dialogs appear on the screen.  I'm
careful to destroy the dialogs when I remove them from the screen - does
destroy() not release the Windows handle? I only see this with PythonCE, not
with Linux.

Andrew G Booth
Professor of On-Line Learning
and Associate Professor of Biochemistry
Garstang Building
Faculty of Biological Sciences
University of Leeds
Leeds LS2 9JT
U.K.
Tel: +44-113-343-3142     Fax: +44-113-343-3167
email: a.g.booth at leeds.ac.uk
personal email should be sent to:
       andrew at agbooth.com

Support open source Virtual Learning Environments
The Bodington System Project http://bodington.org