[PythonCE] COmpiling Python 1.5.2

Michael Foord mike at pcblokes.com
Fri Sep 2 11:19:02 CEST 2005

Hello All,

I'm still trying to get a working version of Python for my Jornada
device running Windows 2.11. It has a StrongARM processor - which is
unusual for a device running 2.11.

There is a version of Python 1.5.2 for WindowsCE 2.11. (Created  by Mark
Hammond).

Unfortunately the installer only has compiled binaries for SH and MIPS
processors.

All the source code is still available from the Hammond site :
    http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/ce/old.html

Does anyone have the ability to compile the source code for the Python
1.5.2 project into  binaries for the StrongARM processor ?

It would be much appreciated - I need the ability  to convert between
Linux and Windows line endings... (and other such tasks that Python has
always been great at).

Many Hopeful Thanks In Advance.......

Fuzzyman
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python