[PythonCE] PhotoImage color distortion

Brian Gough bjg at network-theory.co.uk
Tue Sep 27 15:19:17 CEST 2005

Brian Gough writes:
 > I'm porting a Python/Tkinter app to an IPAQ and have hit a strange
 > problem with Photoimage colors.  The app works, but the colors in all
 > the PhotoImage's are "off" slightly making it look ugly.

Having played a bit more with different versions of Tcl/Tk on the IPAQ
today (http://wiki.tcl.tk/2946), it seems that photoimage display in
Tk itself on the PocketPC is just generally broken :-(

I tried out various sample images as GIF/PPM/-file/-data and about 50%
display corrupted, e.g. diagonally distorted, or truncated with black
pixels in the final line, in addition to color problems.

--
Brian Gough

Network Theory Ltd,
Publishing Free Software Manuals --- http://www.network-theory.co.uk/