[PythonCE] Tkinter PhotoImage, no such file or directory

Luke Dunstan coder_infidel at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 28 12:58:12 CEST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Kramer" <pkramer at meton.net>
To: <pythonce at python.org>
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 3:30 PM
Subject: [PythonCE] Tkinter PhotoImage, no such file or directory

>I have two files which are both in the PyGlucoCE directory off of root.
>
> Tkintertest.py
> BtnGluco.gif
>

> Here is my code:
>
> import sys
>
> sys.path.append('\\Program Files\\Python24\\python24.zip\\lib-tk')

This looks OK.

> sys.path.append('\\PyGlucoCE')

What is the purpose of the above line? I don't think you are importing any
modules from that directory.

> from Tkinter import *
>
> root = Tk()
>
> ImgGlucose = PhotoImage(file = 'BtnGluco.gif')

I think that should be: ImgGlucose = PhotoImage(file =
'\\PyGlucoCE\\BtnGluco.gif')

On the other hand, I don't know Tkinter so I may be wrong. Does Tkinter
search sys.path for image files?

> print ImgGlucose.height()
>
> b = Button(root, image=ImgGlucose)
> b.image = ImgGlucose
> b.pack()
>
> root.mainloop()
>

> Now I get this error:
>
> _tkinter.TclError: couldn't open "BtnGluco.gif": no such file or directory
>

> The weird part is I get the same error within Pydev, but if I run the
> script straight through commandline, it works and shows the image as a
> button.

What is Pydev, and which command line are you talking about? Windows CE or
Windows XP?

Luke