[PythonCE] Windows Mobile 5.0 Now Has a Console!

Bandung bandung at skyesystems.com
Sat Dec 9 21:10:23 CET 2006

It is strange that I can use the Cmd console to launch other programs such as
Vim.exe and hand these apps a file to open when they startup.  For example,
the following works when I type "vim sample.txt" at the command prompt...

Pocket CDM v 4.20
\>  vim sample.txt

This starts up Vim with the file sample.txt loaded.

I can just as easily launch pocket word in the same manner.

      \> pword sample.doc

Yet when I try to launch python with a py module, it borks.

       \> python sample.py

Traceback (innermost last):
<NULL>: <NULL>

If I just type python, then it launches ok.

       \> python

Python 2.5 (release25-maint, Oct 11 2006 ......

There are a number of os functions not implemented within pythonce such as
os.system or os.exec or os.spawn  but I fail to see why this should stop the
cmd console's shell from starting python and handing it a module as an
argument.

Any thoughts?