[PythonCE] thanks

Bandung bandung at skyesystems.com
Fri Dec 15 23:29:51 CET 2006

Vim is a text only editor.  If you want to retain embedded word processing
formatting, you will have to use something like pocket word (free with the
windows mobile emulator link that I sent you or free with any pda that you
purchase).  Otherwise ya hafta "pony up" and buy TextMaker - which I love.

I don't have an external keyboard.  Still looking and trialing them.  I have
a Starcom 6700 which includes a hardware keyboard.

Here is the link to my pocket Vim file.

http://uploadhut.com/view.php/251938.zip Pocekt Vim

Remember, you will have to go through the various sub folders and delete the
files that you don't need.  There are 4 megs of doc files, and several megs
of tutorial files that you might not want on your pda.  Also there are tons
of syntax formats that you may never use.

If you open my vimrc_bandung.vim setup file, you will note that I have
defined a few short keys.  For example, to type an <esc>  I use three tabs
<tab><tab>l  Here are my keyboard mappings for the additional keys that are
not on the Starcom6700.

vmap <tab> >gv
vmap <s-tab> <gv
imap <tab><tab>k [
imap <tab><tab>l ]
imap <tab><tab>n <
imap <tab><tab>m >
imap <tab><tab>a ^

map <tab><tab>q <C-Q>
map <tab><tab>k [
map <tab><tab>l ]
map <tab><tab>n <
map <tab><tab>m >
map <tab><tab>a ^

set lines=10
set tw=78
set mouse=a
set nowrap
set expandtab
set ruler
filetype plugin on
filetype indent on

I would not seriously consider doing my programming solely on a pda.  It is
at least twice as slow as a desktop and the screen real estate size seems
frustratingly too small after awhile.