[PythonCE] Empty project or Human Friendly Project?

Luke Dunstan coder_infidel at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 6 18:00:40 CET 2006

If you are not at all familiar with SourceForge then I can imagine that you
might have missed the binary releases. First go here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=104228

Under the package "pythonce" you will see a number of "releases", including:

Python-2.3.5-20051223
Python-2.3.4/HPC-2000
Python/CE 2.3.4-1

Each release has a +/- button next to it to expand the list of files
contained in that release, but the first one (2.3.5) should already be
expanded.

Next to each release you will also see a link [Notes] which shows the
release notes. Please read the release notes for the 2.3.5 release:

http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=382495&group_id=104228

>From there you should be able to figure out which files to download.
Basically though, the zip files contain the source and the file
"PythonCE-2.3.5-20051223-setup.exe" contains the binary installer. Here is a
direct link to file, where you can select a download mirror or use the
default:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/pythonce/PythonCE-2.3.5-20051223-setup.exe?download

As for the web page, I agree that it would be nice to have something there
but writing web pages is not really my area of expertise or interest, so you
are welcome to write something yourself. I would prefer a wiki for the main
documentation so maybe we can either create one or use an existing one like
http://wiki.python.org/moin/FrontPage or
http://www.murkworks.com/Research/Python/PythonCE/PythonCEWiki/FrontPage ???

Luke