[PythonCE] How do you develop on the PocketPC?

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Jan 10 13:15:58 CET 2006

> It could be of use but personally I would prefer to use ctypes because I
> find it much faster and easier to develop the module in Python than
> C/C++/SWIG, and for users of the module it is easier to read the
> Python code
> to understand how it works. Thanks also for the reminder that the name
> "wincerapi" is already taken.

By all means, feel free to reuse the name and declare the code in pywin32
obsolete!   Its been a few years since I've had the CE tools, and hence I
suspect since wincerapi has been built or used.  I'd be just as happy to
have it in the CVS attic as have it in a perpetual limbo (kind of like a
bit-part character in a B-Grade movie :)

I'm certainly inclined to agree about ctypes being preferable to SWIG, and
as Thomas and I have vaguely and briefly discussed, I'm always open to that
being an option for pywin32 itself.

Cheers,

Mark