[PythonCE] How do you develop on the PocketPC?

Brian Brown brian at ablelinktech.com
Sat Jan 14 21:01:03 CET 2006

On Jan 13, 2006, at 11:32 AM, Thomas Heller wrote:

> We have three more or less complete and tested rapi modules.  I
> have to
> admit that after reading it I like Luke's module better than the
> TechGame one, although I found at least one error in it
> (CeCreateProcess
> must take a pointer to PROCESS_INFORMATION).

Which one did you find the error in? And whichever one we want to use
as a base is fine with me; if you like Luke's module better, then we
can use that. I need copy, though ;)

> We have the script that I posted which implements the start of a
> remote
> Python interpreter.  I don't know what others think of it, but I
> find it
> pretty cool, it lets me try out code on the PDA without having to
> fiddle
> with this stick ;-).

I agree :)

> How should we proceed?
>
> Create a development environment for CE, based on ctypes?

Yes, I think we should do this

> Where should the repository be?

We can host it, I can create a trac project at http://
www.techgame.net/projects/ceDev or something....

Just let me know and I can set it up. It would have an svn repository.

> Who is interested in developing it?

We can contribute to the development, so who else wants to get on board?

> And so on.
>
> For ctypes, wrapping the *complete* rapi functions would be an
> interesting experiment, also for automated code generation.  Large
> enough to be interesting, small enough to be ready in limited time.
>
> Thomas

Brian