[PythonCE] Tkinter and easygui

geoff geoff at gmceng.com
Tue Jan 24 04:28:25 CET 2006

> Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 01:23:36 -0700
> From: Stewart Midwinter <stewart.midwinter at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [PythonCE] Tkinter and easygui
> To: info at gmceng.com
> Cc: pythonce at python.org
>
> try telling the interpreter explicitly where your Tkinter is.
>
> sys.path.append('/path/to/Tkinter files')
>

> in my case it's in '\SD Card\Program Files\Python\Lib\python23.zip\lib-tk'

Thanks for the advice.

Are you saying that the python23.zip should contain lib-tk? When I copy
it back to a pc and open, no such file or directory exists.

Also, the autoinstaller puts python23.zip into the following directory:

\program files\Python

and the only file visible in \program files\Python\lib is called 'os'

I have tried removing and reinstaling numerous times.

I also tried copying the Tkinter.zip stuff manually and hope this hasn't
stuffed things up.

Thanks again for any help,

Geoff