[PythonCE] wxpython for wince

Gonzalo Monzón gmc at serveisw3.net
Mon Jul 10 19:33:33 CEST 2006

Hi John,

The work is in progress. Actually I have the current cvs sources from
wxwidgets succesfully compiled for PPC2003, and several C++ samples from
the project are working fine on the PocketPC.

Will say more about the status of the port when I could have wxpython
working, even in alpha status, so anybody interested could start testing
as soon as possible.

Anyway I advance great improvements over last wxpython for PythonCE.
wxwidgets folks have done a great work on WinCE support -although an
official build for eVC4 does not exist-.  The samples I got compiled
show wonderful things as: almost any image type working -except tiff and
animated cursors- and even the HTML control runs great!

Don't know much about other not basic controls or functionalities that
were not working in previous release, as I would like to complete the
build and start real testing from pythonCE.

Cheers,
Gonzalo