[PythonCE] serial port access

Gonzalo Monzón gmc at serveisw3.net
Tue Jun 20 22:42:02 CEST 2006

Have you read the ctypes docs?

http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/ctypes/tutorial.html

You have to read the Microsoft docs too, search what dynamic libraries
to use and what functions to call. Study the example I posted, you have
to call these functions using ctypes:

(openfile, readfile, writefile...)

Don't know if somebody has implemented serial access using ctypes as to
post an example, read the docs, first you need to understand how ctypes
work -for that you should know or learn what C variable types are and
understand it almost a little bit, then the codeproject example will
come in handy- otherwise could be hard to code... Though any ctypes
example handling file or stream data may help you. Though pyserial uses
ctypes too, so you could have a look to the sources. The differences are
you have to use straight windows api calls, and pyserial calls a helper
library wich should use windows api's for windows platform.

I have to code serial access too in the next weeks, but don't have the
time now to get my hands in it. If you are not in hurry I could post an
example when done.

Gonzalo.