[PythonCE] Running Python program without getting Python CE window

Ed Blake kitsune_e at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 2 19:21:40 CET 2006

--- "Michael Foord" <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:

> You ought to check out Wax. It's a friendly Pythonic layer that sits
> atop of wx and IMHO is just as easy to use as Tkinter.

Lol! I've been using/tinkering with firedrop for a few weeks now so I am
vaguely familier with wax.  I don't really like the idea of using a largish
wrapper over the top of a huge library though, especially on a small embedded
device!  Also wax is incomplete, and as I've said I don't know enough Wx to
fix/add stuff.

BTW in Firedrop my page template was failing because the editor I was using
inserted tabs instead of spaces.  I didn't really feel like fixing my
template so I poked around in embedded_code.py.  If you add ".replace('\t','
')" to the return statement in replace_separators tabs vs. spaces becomes a
non-issue ^_^

--- Luke Dunstan <coder_infidel at hotmail.com> wrote:

> You could make .pyw work on WinCE by creating a key HKCR\.pyw and another
> like HKCR\Python.File.NoShell, with the appropriate command line. In fact I
>
> may do this in the next version of the PythonCE installer.

Hope you don't mind, attached is my hacked version of setup-registry.py which
registers ".pyw", and adds the PythonCE icon to all Python files!  It can
also be found here:
http://kitsu.petesdomain.com/files/WinCE/setup-registry.py

I haven't tested it yet!  My ipaq is out of commission for a while because I
needed its SD card -_-