[PythonCE] wxPython for PythonCE announcement

jeffbarish jeff_barish at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 6 15:02:00 CEST 2006

jeffbarish wrote:

> Here are descriptions of some problems I have encountered with the recent
> port of wxPython:
>
> 6. The spacing of lines in a list control is larger in virtual mode than
> it is in normal mode.

I don't know whether any current readers are actually interested in my
experience with the new wxPython port, but I figure that I should continue
the thread for the sake of the historical record.

The line spacing was different not because the list control was in virtual
mode but because I was attempting to put a graphic in the header.  Although
the graphic does not appear in the header (or anywhere else), wxPythonCE
increases the spacing of lines.  Note that the graphic I was attempting to
include was sufficiently small that it should not have been necessary to
increase line spacing to display it.  (But also note that I inserted the
graphic only in the header, not in the body of the list control.)  It seems
as if there may be a correlation between this problem with graphics and the
other problem that I described (item 4).  In both cases there is evidence
that wxPythonCE is treating the graphic as something larger than it is.  The
solution to the problem was to disable the code that attempted to put the
graphic in the header.