[PythonCE] python editor...

Bandung bandung at skyesystems.com
Thu Sep 7 14:37:17 CEST 2006

I like Vim.   http://www.rainer-keuchel.de/wince/vim.html Pocket Vim   It
works exceedingly well in Windows mobile 5.0.  In order to get all of the
additional plugins, macros, syntax files, etc, I installed VIm for the
desktop (I used version 6.x) then copied all of those files and sub
directories under the desktop's Vim directory over to my pda's Vim
directory.

I don't like using explorer.vim, so I removed it from the plugin sub
directory.  The only problem I had was with the vim.vim file.  It always
shows an error so I renamed the file (or you can delete it) and everything
works as advertised.

Last thing.  I use to set up all of the registry entries suggested on the
site where you can find pocket Vim but no more.  I set the row and columuns
parameters within a file called vimrc_bandung.vim  For example I use

:set lines=10,
:set tw=78
:set columns=60

I also lose the "wrap" feature, etc.  This file is where I customize my Vim.
I point to this "customization" file with an entry in the file _VIMRC

set nocompatible
source $VIMRUNTIME/vimrc_bandung.vim
source $VIMRUNTIME/mswin.vim
source $VIMRUNTIME/menu.vim
source $VIMRUNTIME/syntax/synload.vim
source $VIMRUNTIME/syntax/filetype.vim
behave mswin

So if you know how to use Vim on the desktop, then you are pretty much set
for using it on your pda.