[PythonCE] serial port access

Matt S. sleepingbull at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 04:52:07 CEST 2006

Ben,

Thanks for the code.  Here's some not very formatted stdout that I get when
I run my test for your code.  I'm not sure what to make of the strange
characters that I get from the buffer output.  Do you think it's binary?  I
tried to meld your code into the pygarmin.py code with some success.  The
pygarmin code has some recognition code that writes to the port which I
think makes the program hang (not to mention that my replacement of the
former methods with your methods is kind of similar to doing surgery with an
axe).  Today I also found NMEA.py, which decodes the standard GPS output
(when it's ASCII, anyway).  So now, if I'm lucky, maybe the odd buffer
output can be simply translated into ASCII and NMEA.py used from there.  If
anyone has knowledge about finding and using GPS output I'd greatly
appreciate getting a few lessons.

Thanks again,
Matt

COM2: COM2: