[PythonCE] remote-console

Ruben Miguelez Garcia xrubenx.es at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 20:43:39 CET 2007

> Ah, great.  Yes, the current version only works on Windows, it requires
> that the device is connected via ActiveSync.  The CeRemoteAPI is used to
> transfer the client script to the device, and start the interpreter there.
> Sorry for this limitation.

> Is there something on Linux that allows to
> transfer files and start processes on the PDA?

I really don't know because I didn't have time to investigate it and my
application is already finished, so I won't work more with the PDA for some
time.

But I think It should be possible. I just connected the usb cable from the
cradle to my laptop and this is the output from the kernel:

--------------------
# dmesg
usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for Generic
usbcore: registered new driver usbserial_generic
usbcore: registered new driver usbserial
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial Driver core v2.0
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for PocketPC
PDA
drivers/usb/serial/ipaq.c: USB PocketPC PDA driver v0.5
ipaq 2-1:1.0: PocketPC PDA converter detected
usb 2-1: PocketPC PDA converter now attached to ttyUSB0
usbcore: registered new driver ipaq
---------------------

For some of you, maybe this is like Chinese. But in a few words it means that
my Linux (Debian 2.16) knows what I have connected and is ready to use it.
The problem is that I don't know how to do it. :o)

And about the first version of you program, which works just fine for me, I
have tried to modify it slightly to send or execute programs transferring the
text, but without success...

Maybe because my experience with Python is not big enough.

I attach here my modifications. Maybe somebody want to help. :D

Ruben.