[PythonCE] the problem still exists..

Bandung bandung at skyesystems.com
Mon Jan 8 19:45:12 CET 2007

It sounds like you are almost there.  Yes you need these three files in your
windows directory

TK84.DLL TCL84.DLL and celib.dll

Make sure that you have the latest version possible that you can find for
CELIB.  I don't remember what mine is.  I seem to think tht I found a CELIB
ver 2.13   Google is your friend here.

If you have the latest version of Python2.5, then the other missing files
will be in their proper place.  Any time I received the missing TK DLL
message, all I had to do is a soft reset and my python begins working again.
It occasionally happens that my Tkinter gets disoriented and the soft reset
always brings it back.

I have the environment key set in the HKLM as per Rainer's instructions on
his website but this should not affext your python installation.  Soft reset
and you will be in business.

I do have a separate installation for tcl/tk so that I can run tcl programs
separate and apart from my python installation.  I'm prestty sure that you
don't need this in order for your python instal to work.  I have a separate
tcl directory under

\Storage card\Program files\lib\tcl
\Storage card\Program files\Python25

Within the tcl directory is a lib directory and under that I have a tcl8.4,
a tk8.4, a bwidget, a itcl3.3, a tkTable2.8 directory, etc.

You don't need these if you do not intend to use bwidgets or want a stand
alone tcl implementation.

So just soft reset and you will be in business.