[PythonCE] tk/tcl

Bandung bandung at skyesystems.com
Thu Jan 11 17:25:58 CET 2007

(I sent this message  2 hrs earlier with a couple of embedded files.  The
attached files seem to be the cause for holding up the posting of the
message on the board)   Anyways,  here are the final steps for getting your
installation working....

-------------------------------.

You are almost there!  Looks like you need tcl.  Download this file and
unzip it.  it is a later version of tcl than the one that you were using.

tcltk8_4_12_ce-arm.zip

Place the lib directory under your \\Program files\\  directory.
You can ignore the directory called bin which contains the three files,
celib, tcl84.dll and tk84.dll since you have already copied into your
Windows directory.

So your Python installation directory structure now looks like this...

\\Program files\\Python25
\\Program files\\lib
\\Windows\\ ...those three files with the names of the files that were in
the directory called "bin"

Your are now ready to start coding!

With the files from this "lib", you will also be able to use bwidgets as
well as Tkinter widgets.  There are also iwidgets which I haven't tried yet.
Plus, if you want to "tcl"  then copy the tcls84h.exe and wish84.exe files
into your Windows directory as well.  And if you want a cool table widget,
you can use the following file.  Place it in your "lib" directory along side
of the bwidget directory etc.

Tktable2.zip