[PythonCE] Very Newbee question on using Python CE

Matt S. sleepingbull at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 22:08:09 CEST 2007

Carlos,

Sorry about my hasty response.  I just installed 2.5.  You are correct about
SetupRegistry not being included.  If you use the *.exe installer, the
registry stuff gets taken care of.  At some point you may want to tailor the
registry (how the *.py extensions are associated with the python
interpreter).  At that point you might want to use an application like
PocketTweak,
http://tillanosoft.com/ce/ptweak.html

To start the python interpreter, just tap on python.exe with brings up the
python shell.  The PPC current working directory defaults to \\Temp so if
you put your script there you can then just type (at the interpreter command
line) "import test".

Or, include the full path to wherever you place test.py and use execfile
per,
http://pythonce.sourceforge.net/Wikka/UsingPythonCE

Matt

I think I can help