[PythonCE] Building under Visual Studio 2005 for Devices

Christopher Fairbairn christopher at christec.co.nz
Mon Mar 5 21:27:38 CET 2007

Hi,

I am keen to start contributing to the Windows CE/Windows Mobile port of Python. I
have a lot of commerical development experience in this environment.

I would like to understand the build process for Python in a lot more detail than I
currently do. I thought an ideal way to do this would be to have a goal of making
PythonCE compilable under Visual Studio 2005.

Is anyone able to give me any starting tips on how I might approch this? Should I
look at modifying the SCONS scripts to be able to detect and make use of Visual
Studio 2005 instead of EVC, or should I go the route used by the PCBuild and
PCBuild8 directories (i.e. desktop versions) where (I assume) someone has manually
created a bunch of suitable project and solution files?

Thanks.
Christopher Fairbairn