[PythonCE] Submitting patches / support for WinCE

Luke Dunstan coder_infidel at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 28 23:29:40 CEST 2007

>From: Christopher Fairbairn <christopher at christec.co.nz>
>To: pythonce at python.org
>Subject: [PythonCE] Submitting patches / support for WinCE
>Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 22:30:51 -0400
>
>Hi,
>
>Over the last few days I have submitted a few patches via PythonCE's
>sourceforge
>site. Hopefully there will be more to come in the future :-P
>
>The question I have is in what format are patches ideally submitted etc.
>Each
>project tends to have it's own processes in place for submitting patches
>etc and I
>would like to know how I can make it easier for my patches to be accepted
>and
>merged.
>
>The main patch I submitted a couple of days ago provides initial support
>for
>running on devices running the Smartphone variant of Windows Mobile. I
>would like
>to tidy up and submit another patch which will allow a single binary build
>to run
>on raw Windows CE, Pocket PC and Smartphone platforms without requiring
>dummy
>agyshell.dll's (and getting better Windows CE intergration in the process).
>Is this
>something which is likely to be accepted?
>
>Thanks,
>Christopher Fairbairn

Hi,

I created the last few releases of PythonCE but I haven't done any work on
PythonCE for a while, and anyway I am away from home for this week at least.
In any case though, having the patches available on SourceForge is quite
useful for anyone else who might want to run Python on these Windows CE
platforms. Patches are preferred in unified diff format, and would ideally
be patches for one of the PythonCE source tarballs, but could also be
patches for an official Python release.

Luke