[PythonCE] Wxython for PythonCE 2.5

Ingmar Steen iksteen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 12:30:54 CET 2007

On Nov 10, 2007 3:09 AM, Pietro Battiston <toobaz at email.it> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm new to PythonCE and I like it a lot. I tried it with tkinter, but I
> would better like using wxwidgets...
>
> But the binaries provided in http://wxpyce.wikispaces.com/ apparently
> don't like Python 2.5... I get a "Bad magic number" error in importing
> module wx.
>
> Am I doing something wrong? Or is that version of wxpyce just too dated?
> Is there around a newer (compiled) one?
>
> Thanks in advance for any info
>
> Pietro Battiston

Hi,

Yes, it is indeed very dated. And the project kind of died when the
original author (me) lost interest due to several issues. One of the
biggest being the memory limitations of Windows CE (basically, wxpyce
not fitting into the windows ce memory map).

If someone wants to continue the project, be my guest :)

Ingmar.