[PythonCE] Python CE port for Windows CE.Net 5.0 x86 processor

Christopher Fairbairn christopher at christec.co.nz
Tue Oct 16 22:39:03 CEST 2007

Hi Patrick,

On Wed Oct 17  1:04 , "Patrick Lammens"  sent:
>Starting from your port PythonCE-2.5-20061219-source.zip,
>I've been able to port Python 2.5 to Windows CE
>for use on Windows CE.Net 5.0 platform, with an
>x86 processor.

That is very exciting news and great timing!

I have been working on an updated PythonCE release (you can see the initial stages of
this within the downloads page as the new pythonce-smartphone release). My initial
efforts have been making a release which works better on newer Windows Mobile devices (as
well as supporting optionally building with VS2005).

I would be interested in merging your patches with my updated release and comparing notes
on how we've both independantly modified the build system to use VS2005 etc.

how many people were using PythonCE within the "raw" Windows CE environment. I have some
local changes designed to improve the support on Windows CE devices (i've removed the
hard dependency on aygshell for example) but wanted to guage how many people were using
such a release before going too far.

How many people on this mailing list are using PythonCE within a Windows CE environment
which is not Windows Mobile Pocket PC or Smartphone based?

Are you able to email your patches to me? I would be keen in rolling them into my next
release (I am keen to get one source tree with all active development happening within
it).

If you could send me a CAB file for the X86 build I could also probably get it uploaded
to the website in the mean time.

Hope this helps,
Christopher Fairbairn