[PythonCE] Embedded PythonCE

Christopher Fairbairn christopher at christec.co.nz
Mon Oct 22 07:45:45 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 22/10/2007, at 12:46 PM, Stefan Rusek wrote:
> Has anyone experimented with embedding PythonCE in C code and run
> it one WM?

I haven't tried but don't imagine you would find too many
difficulties doing this. The main python25.exe within the PythonCE
releases is doing exactly that.

Python25.exe is a thin GUI wrapper over top of the core python
interpreter which lives within python25.dll. Python25.exe is using
the standard Python embedding APIs to host the interpreter.

See the online python docs (in particular the "Embedding Python in
Another Application" section - http://www.python.org/doc/ext/
embedding.html) for further details on how to do this.

I would be interested to hear any feedback related to this
functionality within PythonCE. In theory all you need to download
from the PythonCE website is the "developer" zip file which includes
the header and lib files required to build your application.

Hope this helps,
Christopher Fairbairn