[PythonCE] Installing PythonCE

Christopher Fairbairn christopher at christec.co.nz
Tue Apr 8 01:33:42 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Tue Apr  8  6:45 , Frédéric Mantegazza sent:
>I had troubles installing PythonCE on my Ipaq 2100: every .exe installer
>failed ("xxx is not a valid PocketPC app"); only the CAB file installed
>correctly.

No you are not missing anything.

The CAB file is designed for installation directly on the PDA, while the *.exe
installer is designed to be run on your Desktop PC (hence the error that it's not a
valid Pocket PC app).

The *.exe will register the nesscary cab files with ActiveSync so that PythonCE is
automatically installed onto your connected PDA (and can be found in ActiveSync's
Add/Remove Programs menu item). Essentially it downloads the CAB file via
ActiveSync and then automatically installs it.

Hope this helps,
Christopher Fairbairn