[PythonCE] Python CE on a Intel XScale industrial device.

Lachezar Dobrev l.dobrev at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 14:57:31 CEST 2008

  I understand what you mean, but I am more worried about the subtle
differences in processors (like the MMX vs SSE in X86). These
differences do not surface early, but when requested.
  I still remember 'those times' where a program would run correctly
for some time, until one tries floating point operations and would
crash badly.

  I thought of running the Python regression tests, but I don't think
those are available for Python CE, and I was unable to complete the
tests on a test Desktop machine (some weird unstoppable exception is
some *chat* test case).

  I am afraid I can not volunteer to build the CAB files myself.
  I am a bit scared to ask, but can't 'we' use SourceForge's farms to
set up a continuous build system? I can not volunteer for that task
either, because I am not a SourceForge (project) developer.

  You ask if I was able to install anything...
  I '''installed''' Mozilla's Minimo browser, but it has no Processor
Type specified, and on top of that it would not run afterwards: the
.exe files have no icon, and 'This is not a CE program' error shows
when I try to run any of them.
  I have not seen any available CAB files for XScale, that I could test with.

  BTW. The Minimo project seems to have been archived and dropped. I
don't like where Mozilla is going :-/ (I actively dislike Firefox
3.0).