[PythonCE] DLL hourglass in ctypes

Adam Walley adam.walley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 19:43:56 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am reporting back after some experimenting with building a DLL based on
the SDL library. I have successfully created a very simple DLL that accepts
5 int values (color, x,y,w,h) and uses the SDL_RectFill function to draw
directly to the screen. Then I use ctypes to import the DLL into pythonCE
and access its functions from there. This may seem very basic, but it allows
me to draw a rectangle of any size or colour to the screen, and I can do it
using very straightforward python script. The DLL lives in the main Windows
folder, and is automatically recognised by pythonCE when it starts.

My question is about the hourglass which appears on the screen while my
script is running (in WM5 it's actually not an hourglass, but a kind of
circular dial with windows colours). Is there any way I can prevent this
from appearing while my python script runs?

My next plan was to try to use ppygui to make some buttons for user input.

Any thoughts or comments are very welcome.

Adam