[PythonCE] DLL hourglass in ctypes

Brad Clements bkc at murkworks.com
Wed Aug 13 02:31:45 CEST 2008

Christopher Fairbairn wrote:

> They use code along the lines of:
>
>    import _pcceshell_support
>   _pcceshell_support.Busy(0);
>
> I haven't liked this, since it means each library needs to be aware of something
> PythonCE specific. For cleaness I think the native C part of the Python
> interpreter can (and should) take care of this.

Ah, this rings a bell.

I think according to the Windows CE compatibility guide, you're supposed
to show the hourglass until your application is "ready for user input".

I believe it's up to the application .py file, not any libraries or
interpreter, to make the Busy(0) call.

Only the application author knows how many modules need to be loaded and
when the application really has "started".

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com    (315)268-1000
http://www.murkworks.com