[PythonCE] The State of Affairs

Brad Clements bkc at murkworks.com
Tue Jul 15 23:15:46 CEST 2008

Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:

> I have another question concerning the state of affairs though: why is the CE
> port a separate project? All other ports to various operating systems seem to
> be one project while the CE port is run separately. This is bad because it
> requires additional manpower for syncing changes back and forth and a
> win32/CE port present in the main sources would also make people aware of
> this when doing changes so they don't break things by being unaware.

I tried some years back to integrate the CE changes into Python trunk.
However there were too many changes spread all over the place. It was
hard to get them reviewed.

Plus some things about CE were just too difficult to workaround,
requiring lots of C macros that weren't not appealing to core developers:

no concept of current directory

non-writable errno

non-standard floating point math handling.

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com    (315)268-1000
http://www.murkworks.com