[PythonCE] The State of Affairs

John Hampton pacopablo at pacopablo.com
Tue Jul 29 01:21:27 CEST 2008

Alexandre Delattre wrote:
> I was thinking that a first step to enhance distribution of PythonCE
> apps, would be to be able to create easily .cab for them.
>
> .cab are installable over the air, as well by cross installing from desktop.
>
> If I met enough positive feedback, I'll start trying to implement a
> distutils extension that will allow to create .cab the python way (i.e.
> Without using directly MS tools)

Sorry for a late response.

I would very much welcome this.  I am in the process of developing an
application for out Symbol scanners that run Windows PocketPC 2003 and
am planning on using python.  However, having an easy distribution
method is essential.  I don't think I'd be much help in this endeavor, I
don't have much experience with Windows mobile development, but I love
the idea.

-John