[PythonCE] PythonCE with WindowsCE.NET 4.2

Lachezar Dobrev l.dobrev at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 09:43:19 CEST 2008

  I believe you are facing similar problems to my own. I have an
industrial device, with Intel XScale PXA27x, which seems to be just a
bit newer than the PXA255 (two years).

  My device's System page claims the processor to be: 'Inter
ARM920T-PXA27x', which however seems to mean: 'ARM series', not 'ARM
Compatible'.

  I have had problems installing stuff for ARM processors, like the
free Mysaifu JVM from http://sourceforge.jp/projects/mysaifujvm/

  We are having a discussion about whether we can find a PythonCE
version compiled for XScale, or at least StrongARM (XScale claims to
be StrongARM compatible by extending it).

  Someone however already suggested, that there may be more problems
other than the Processor Architecture. I seem to be unable to install
anything. To this moment the only CAB file that have been installed
successfully is the Mozilla Minimo browser (which installs, but does
not run).

  I still have not lost hope. I don't want to begin searching for a
Linux-based device (Linux Industrial Strength devices seem to be
extremely rare)...

  You might want to take a look at our discussion in the 'Python CE on
a Intel XScale industrial device.' thread on this mailing list.