[PythonCE] PPyGui SVN & PPyGui-win32

alexandre.delattre at telecom-bretagne.eu alexandre.delattre at telecom-bretagne.eu
Mon Jun 30 18:33:10 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that PocketPyGui development is now kindly
hosted by Mirko "D at ten"; Vogt :)

The svn repository host the latest version of PPygui as well as 3rd
party apps and tools not published yet.
You can check it out by typing:

svn co https://svn.nanl.de/svn/ppygui/

and use "anonymous"/"anonymous" as user/password.

Especially, the repository contain the first version of the native
PPygui win32 implementation,
which allow you to test and debug your PPygui apps directly from
desktop Windows or with Linux through Wine.

As PPygui for win32 reuse 90 % of the wince implementation, this gives
a fairly coherent and compatible environment for mobile apps
development.
It is likely your existing apps will work out of the box, as it did
for almost all of mine.

The only thing really missing now is gui.Html control, but it should
not be to much hassle to implement it with comtypes and hopefully we
can see it ported in a couple of days.

With very little effort you'll be able to make regular desktop gui
applications, and reuse your components between classic and mobile
versions of your app.

While PocketPyGui will remain focused on mobile devices, it'll be soon
an alternative to create lightweight win32 applications that are easy
to write and distribute.

As always, any contributions and feedbacks are welcome. Also, if you
want to gain developer access to svn, feel free to mail me.

Regards,
Alexandre