[PythonCE] Tkinter captures the little "X" close window button?

Jim Walsh jimswalsh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 14:53:50 CET 2008

I think my problem is the use of overrideredirect.

I want my pythonce Tkinter window to look like all good WindowsCE windows:
using the top of the screen as the title bar and the little X up there.

If I use:
    root=Tk()
    root.wm_state('zoomed')

I get a pretty big window but still with a separate title bar wasting screen
space.

If I add:
   root.overrideredirect(True)

I get a truly full screen window.  But I realized the bar across the top of
the screen doesn't belong to "tk" but rather to the last app.  Apparently
overrideredirects keeps my app out of the hands of the window manager all
together.

Does anyone know the best way to get a proper WinCE application appearance
with Tkinter?

Thanks
Jim W