[PythonCE] serial input problem

Adam Walley adam.walley at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 12:47:45 CEST 2008

Hi, All.

I'm new to the list, but have been reading the posts for some time - I find
it very useful.

My question is about the Ceserial module. I use it on my PPC running WM5,
with PythonCE 2.5. I have found that the Ceserial module works very well
when communicating with another PC, but I have problems with other devices.
For example, when connecting to my analog modem, I get the following:

PPC: AT
Modem: íj5 (this should be '0')

The full modem response in hex is: 0D A1 6A 35 0A

As you can see the response is somehow garbled. I have a feeling this is
something to do with the way WM5 handles things (ascii-unicode?), but have
not figured out how to either change the settings or write some code to
decode it. I know that my modem is receiving the commands correctly, because
it responds (i.e. picks up, dials out, etc...).

When I use my terminal program on the PPC I get the correct response from
the modem. This shows me it is possible, and also that somewhere between WM5
and PythonCE there is something that scrambles the incoming data.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Adam