[PythonCE] ceserial switch off problem

Michael Wack MichaelWack at gmx.net
Sun May 31 19:45:08 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I'm using the ceserial module of Ben McBride. Everything is working
great (Thanks to the author!) as long as I do not switch off my PDA
(Pocket Loox N560, WM5). Switching off the device while my pythonce
program is running causes the serial port to stop working. After
restarting the program the serial port works as expected again. I tried
to find a workaround. Tried to catch SerialException to close and reopen
the serial port. I also integrated a manual function that allows to
close the port before switching off. Even deleting and recreating the
serial object doesn't help. Does anyone have an idea how to reestablish
serial communication after reactivating the PDA without restarting the
whole pythonce program? Thanks a lot for any answer!

Sincerely, Michael