[PythonCE] Running Python code on Windows CE x86 (not ARM)

Aaron Snipes atsnipes at ncsu.edu
Tue Jun 15 21:38:48 CEST 2010

To add to my last post:

      From my research I've noticed that their isn't a big "need" for
this compiler.  I have used a C/C++ compiler for Windows CE (the
i386-mingw32ce compiler) which successfully compiled some of our other
C code for the device.   We then assumed another direction may be to
find a Python-to-C or Python-to-Java compiler and then compile the
interpreted code  for our target x86 device.  I have tried ShedSkin, a
Python-to-C++ compiler, but it has many problems compiling the code
(it had problems with the ctypes library for example).  This tells me
that an approach may be to "interpret Python into another language and
then compile that language for Windows CE x86" .  I hope I haven't
bothered you but any direction would be greatly appreciated!

I'm also installing Visual 2005 and Windows CE 6.0.  I've heard talk that their
may be tool  Any direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Aaron Snipes
atsnipes at Ncsu.edu