[PythonCE] Beginner Questions

Adam Walley adam.walley at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 01:08:57 CET 2010

Hi, Remco.

Thanks for spotting the bad link - I had taken it down to update the SDL
version. Fixed it now.

The 'wrapper' is a simple set of C functions that go between the SDL library
and PythonCE's ctypes module, making it easy to call SDL functions from
Python scripts.

Python is probably a great choice as a first language, as it is so elegant.
A lot can be achieved in a few lines of code. It is worth noting that it was
originally a scripting language (not really for programming per se), but so
much is now possible with it that the lines become blurred. The online docs
for the Python language are pretty comprehensive, so I'm sure you will find
what you need.

Adam.